My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Still figuring myself out...
Check my Past Blog



The World Is Too Big To Never Ask Why, The Answers Don't Fall Straight Out Of The Sky

6.24.2009

Lifeline - Mat Kearney

June 23, 2009
Dear Parents,

Greetings of Peace!

We have received word today that we have one confirmed case of a students who tested positive for A(H1N1)...


Pause, REWIND.
WHAT?

Yesterday (Tuesday), a typical hot humid day which was enough reason already to make us perspire but no, we had the Kapatiran chaos going on as well so there is more reason to be all sweaty, we anticipated nothing like this. We were reveling still in the excitement and pandemonium of the Kapatiran costume day for the Freshmen. The first years were everywhere, with their big bulky costume getting in their way (at least for some), with their creative costumes made with so much effort or without, with their participation and courage. They were doing their tasks like obedient little sisters should (*evil laugh*), and we, Seniors, were hooked as well, giving tasks to whoever would approach us. Tables had a freshman or two standing on top of them, dancing to the tune of Careless Whisper or Jai Ho, the cafeteria hall way was used as a runway for freshmen to strut their stuff (oh yeah!), some were asked to sing, ...and perhaps, some had worse. But pretty much, from most of everyone's faces, you could see they were enjoying themselves and havign fun.









Classes were still had by the students during the day's extent and just as I was looking forward to the SSP (study period), we, my batchmates and I, were called for a meeting in the activity room. The blackboard across the room I was entering was filled with homeworks from our teachers and some were even just writing what they would assign us to do at home. I found it unusual and weird. I remember myself thinking 'What's this? Do they intend to give us such ample homework for the day?'. And then some started whispering and I heard someone was tested positive for the virus everyone seemed to fear. I felt the tear ducs in my eyes starting work. Then followed the waterworks. Reality sunk in and I was scared. The A(H1N1) seemed surreal to me, affecting only less than 5oo in our country. Schools were being suspended due to postive cases of some of their students as well but...I never thought our school would have to suspend as well. I feared for the person, I feared for the rest, I feared the confusion it would cause in our schedule as well. I want the Kapatiran to push through. I don't want that to be taken away from our batch too.
As for the person tested postived, I really wish you get well soon. I prayed for you and I will continue doing so. Same goes for the rest.

Mmm, that was a melancholic turn of events, isn't it? Saddens me.

Anyway, why not change the emotional atmosphere huh?



Yesteday morning, after our daily Morning Talk, every student and teacher in our school gave up their first subject class for the school's first ever D.E.A.R. time for the school year (that's Drop Everything and Read). My classmate lent me a book (I had no unread books at home anymore :|), which I didn't read during the supposed time. I read an English LP isntead (I am such a nerd! HAHA) which was pretty interesting. It's Greek mythology I think about how the world came to be. I won't expound on that, however. I'll mostly talk about the book my classmate lent me: Be More Chill by Ned Vizzini. I know the title isn't that catchy at all. To tell you the truth I would have overlooked the book in a bookstore if I were to judge it based on its title. Then again, there's the saying 'Don't judge a book by its cover' so there might as well be a 'Don't judge a book by its title'. Since I had no other business yesterday afternoon upon arriving home, I told myself I'd read the first few pages first to get to know what the book's about aside from the summary it has written on its back cover. Those first few pages became Chapters and so...I ended up finishing the book that night. (I don't regret it.) Well, it's nice to read a book with a guy's point of view for a change. I have no idea how a guy's mind works -though I doubt that I read enough to deduce something.
Oh, books are such awesome worlds to get lost in!
I might give anything to be able to live inside a book.


Every week (I'm not sure about the time span), Playlist.com features an artist in their homepage. Today, before loging in, I saw that they're featuring Mat Kearney at the moment and, learning to love his song Love Remains The Same -no wait, that's Gavin DeGraw! HAHAHA, let me repeat. ...And, learning to love his song Breathe In, Breathe Out, I decided to listen to it. I'm down to track 6th at the moment. I have 6 more to go and I'm not complaining. ;)


WORD OF THE DAY from Dictionary.com:
daedal \DEE-duhl\ , adjective:

1. Complex or ingenious in form or function; intricate.
2. Skillful; artistic; ingenious.
3. Rich; adorned with many things.


"There's a picture of a Hollywood sign, reflecting off your skin."
New York to California - Mat Kearney

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home