My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Still figuring myself out...
Check my Past Blog



Stalking the Halls of Our High School Building

3.25.2009



"I would choose no other life than the life I have had and no other death than the one we go to."

And so goes Jewel's bravery in the 7th installment of The Chronicles of Narnia.
I must say, the book is very exciting all right. It got my heart racing as the adventure took me from one heart-pumping scene to another. The book drowned me in its world of fantasy which I can't wait to see on the big screen! However, there is no news of it being on the works (at least I haven't heard any yet) though book 5 and 6 (The Voyage of the Dawn Treader and The Silver Chair) already have their profiles at IMDb's site. Mind you, I haven't read those two yet. As unconventional as unconventionals can get, I started at the wrong end of the series. Lol. I read the last book first (The Last Battle) before any of the other books -of which I have no access to. The last book happens to belong to Scholastic's set of books for the first year students (each year has their own) and coincidentally, I hung out at the first year floor with my freshmen busmates after finishing the clearances (finally, it's summer for moi) and was left with nothing to do.

Hmm...I figure I shall start with how my day started (though somehow, everytime I am to narrate a story, I get bored, rather my enthusiasm for telling dies down somewhere in the middle of it all and I soon end my story with a rush).



I woke up (not to the sound of my alarm clock) due to the heat of sharing a wall fan with two roommates (siblings), lying on the lower bunk of a double deck. Remorsefully, I look at my cellphone (which lay next to me) to check the time: 4:55. My alarm doesn't go off 'til an hour later (I wanted to wake-up at 6 'cause I happen to be sure that I can get ready under 30 minutes). I transfer to my parents' bedroom where I know there's better ventilation. When I woke up it was 15 minutes to 6. I rose from the bed, took a bath and had trouble sorting out which clothes to wear (I happen to be running out of clothing...). It took me a while to get dressed so everything else that I should have done afterwards was delayed. I bought pandesal from the nearby bakery at our place to hear the honk of our school service from the back of our house. Returning home, I grab two hot ones (pandesals) from the paperbag and head out -to be slightly scolded by our bus mother "Ang tagal mo naman."



Arriving in school, I meet a classmate who lacks a few requirements (which she passed that time). I headed to get the clearance, included her reply slips to the reply slips folder, signed her clearance paper and headed to the first year floor -where my busmate and I slept (lounge area) until the clock nearly struck 9am (it wasn't that long a sleep).
When I woke up I noticed Ninna (the person I was with) reading a book so I browsed for one. And so, fast forward to me reading the last installment of The Chornicles of Narnia: The Last Battle. I got caught up so I finished it through the day (I had to bring it home because 11 pages remained unread when it was already dismissal. I finished it during the bus ride home). Of course, there were delays within the day -like having lunch outside of school with my beloved busmates and Pau (a friend) crashing to the air-conditioned satellite library where my busmates and I were reading. There was also a classmate whom I met up with so I can finally clear her.
I'm finally done with the clearnaces! Rejoice! Summer has officially started for me. :)



The day before today (yesterday -I just wanted to complicate things) I was with my other batchmates who were to be usherettes for the upcoming graduation of the 4th year (congratulations!) and was pushing Ayna's i-Touch to full use. We had extremely, extremely fun time during the latter part of the day -using this Yo Mamma application over and over again. Instant picker-upper! We laughed not only our heads off but even our buts and guts and all the could be off (what the?). It was just plain roll-on-the-floor-laughing fun! I wish can quote some of the jokes but unfortunately, the jokes only lasted as they lasted on the screen of the gadget -the laughter lasted longer though. (Did I make sense?)

I had been in school for five school days already since we were officially "dispatched-off" last March 19. And now, my vists has come to an end (hurrah!). I shall miss however being "busy". Now, I must resort to bumming 'round the house -surfing the 'net, eating and sleeping (ah, the sluggish life!).


Looking up quotables in IMDb. Click THIS -The Curious Case of Benjamin Button quotes.
I wistfully remember the movie...

"Benjamin, we're meant to lose the people we love. How else would we know how important they are to us?"

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go."

"Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss. "

"It's a funny thing about comin' home. Looks the same, smells the same, feels the same. You'll realize what's changed is you."

The best:

Daisy: "Would you still love me if I were old and saggy?" Benjamin Button: "Would you still love ME if I were young and had acne? When I'm afraid of what's under the bed? Or if I end up wetting the bed?"

*sigh*


"all of the king's horses and all of the king's men
couldn't pull my heart back together again all of the physicians andmathematicians too failed to stop my heart from breaking in two"
The Humpty Dumpty Love Song - Travis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home