My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Still figuring myself out...
Check my Past Blog



Sold-Out Tickets and Backstage Passes

12.06.2009

I just finished Audrey, Wait! after procrastinating doing so for a long time. Lol.


*This is the edited playlist, with additional songs from its soundtrack list which I found on the book's site. Click this: Audrey, Wait!.

Honestly, the only thing that prevents me from reading is my "attachment issues".
I don't know. I just fear getting all emotional about it and loving what I feel too much while reading it that I don't know what to about it any longer that I just stop myself from even starting to feel whatever that feeling is.
Got that?

Anyway...enough about the drama.
Here are some of my favorite scenes or lines or whatever:

If you really want to know something about me, you should know this: I like music loud. I mean loud. I'm not talking the kind of loud where your parents knock on your bedroom door and ask you to turn it down. Please. That's amateur hour. When I say loud, I mean you-can't-hear-your-parents-knocking-and-the-neighbors-are-putting-a-FOR-SALE-sign-on-their-house-and-moving-to-another-block-because-they-can't-handle-the-constant-noise-anymore loud. You have to turn it up so that your chest shakes and the drums get in between your ribs like a heartbeat and the bass goes up your spine and frizzles your brain and all you can do is dance or spin in a circle or just scream along because you know that however this music makes you feel, it's exactly right.


She lives for this moment at shows, when the lights are cut and all you can see is the dim outline of a stage and empty mics waiting to be picked up and abused.


Evan was changing chords so fast and I thought for the briefest moment, Is that how he loved me? Did he really love me like this?


But it wasn't all bad, of course. I mean, I had loved him, I really had. There were better times, the quiet moments when no one was talking and even our breath was the same, rising and falling under our tent of blankets like we were made to breathe with each other, for each other. It's funny how bed and pillows and covers can change a conversation. Words turn quiet and you mean more and say less. It's like you can build your own little world, Population: 2.
Evan would play with my hair and wrap it over his wrist and reel me toward him until our lips touched. They were small moments but I could only hold them like water in my hands beore he was slipping away, pulled back by melodies or friends or rehearsals, leaving my hands empty and my heart too full to hold alone.


"You look hot!" Victoria replied, her eyes lighting up to see me. "Doesn't she look hot, Jonah?"
Jonah just laughed through his nose and backed the car dow my driveway. "You're a lunatic if you think I'm telling you that your best friend looks hot."


Backstage with the Lolitas, Audrey has been keeping conversation -and flirt-ation with Simon (vocalist), and plays DJ for a while. She plays LL Cool J...
"Don't call it a comeback!"
The room went mental.
The Plain Janes thrust their arms into the air as if on cue, and the rest of started cheering and clapping, and everyone who was standing was dancing, and everyone who was sitting around started climbing up on whatever they were sitting on so they could dance, too. I could see Victoria and Jonah on the couch with at least five other people, all of them looking like they were surfing on the same board, they were so unsteady. I stood up on the dressing table because I wanted to dance, too, and Simon took hold of my hand and pulled himself up with me. He was, I do say so, impressed. "Fucking fantastic!" he was saying. "That was bloody brilliant!"
And then he kissed me.
Mama said knock you out!


It's the worst thing to be the best liar.

And oh, I love the inside-the-big-freezer-at-Scooper-Dooper-kiss as well. ;)





"Let's get these teen hearts beating. Faster, faster."
Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off - Panic At The Disco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home